7 November 2023 – 11 January 2024
Location: West End Centre, Queens Road, Aldershot GU11 3JD
The West End Centre's annual Open Exhibition is returning this Autumn.
Open Exhibition 2023 is a local showcase of artwork from across the community, from professional or aspiring artists and hobbyists to children and young people, all are welcome to submit work for display.
Artist Collective -InHale...ExHale - 3rd to 30th October 2023
InHale... ExHale' is a collection of work from artists living in and around Hale, Weybourne and Aldershot. The covid pandemic forced us all to take time to breathe in and out and focused our attention on the absolute necessity of the breath of life. We hope this varied collection of mixed media pieces will also offer an opportunity to pause for a moment and breathe.
- JO HECKETT - The Split Second of Awakening 5th to 25th September
What if I told you you belong, here on this Earth, in this galaxy? That the stars shine for you? The Earth turns for you? The moon rises for you? The grass grows for you? This exhibition explores the relationship between the physical and the divine, the deep way humans are connected to the Living Earth. Taking you to outer space and inner space, via the oceans, the earth and your own body, Jo Heckett paints a path for you to feel that connectedness for yourself. See more art works from Jo and learn about them at www.joheckett.com
- _SPACES, with Xoanxo Cespon - 5 May to 1 July 2023. Local artist resident in Aldershot, he has been painting for over 30 years in a spontaneous style that denotes his early influences by the abstract expressionist movement. His works have been exhibited in several cities and locations since 1993, amongst them, London (Bolivar Hall, Canning House, John Jones Gallery…), Manchester (Portico Gallery, Instituto Cervantes, Manchester Airport…), Macclesfield (West Park Museum), Stockport (Howard Francis Gallery), Amsterdam (Art Hotel, Schichol Airport…), Hoofddorp, Madrid (Circulo de Bellas Artes). For more information you can visit www.xoanxo.com
- WOMEN, LIFE, FREEDOM, with Golnoosh Golestani. Golnoosh is an Iranian photographer and graphic designer who showcase a collection of images that reflect the feelings of the women in Iran, not being able to express themselves freely or dress the way they would want. Opening on International Women's Day 2023
- BIO GRAPH, with Tina Crawford and Darshana Vora. BIO GRAPH speaks of time and journeys through personal history in the artists' lives. 16 - Friday 27th January 2023
- CONVERSATIONS WITH ALDERSHOT, PHASE 2, with Susan Merrick. An intimate archive and artistic response to local lives during and coming out of the lockdowns. This work and exhibition was co-created by the Conversations with Aldershot group, Susan Merrick, Candice Camacho, Asia Mahmood, Daisy Edwards, Debbie Nobbs, Melanie Chiwera, Sameea Jonnud. Many more local people have been involved and this exhibition is a celebration of this collaboration and an opportunity to share this intimate archive with the community. This project is made possible with thanks to public funding from a National Lottery project grant from Arts Council England as well as support from Rushmoor Borough Council and the West End Centre.
- ‘ART’, with Kim Riches. - 4 -28 October 2022
- HOLD TIGHT, LET GO: 'Painting Series in Identifying Limited Beliefs’, with Christy del Fresno- 3 -30 May 2022
- ICE Heritage Programme, with photographer Paul Gonella and students. ‘Anemoic Rise’ 2 - 24 July 2022. The ICE Heritage project is a two-year collaboration between Hampshire Cultural Trust and Hampshire CAMHS, and is supported by National Heritage Lottery Fund and Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.