Saturday 14 September 2019 - Municipal Gardens, Grosvenor Road, Aldershot GU11 1DP
Following a successful event in 2017, residents of Aldershot and Farnborough will be coming together in September for a celebration of food, music, craft and wellbeing in a bigger and better Rushmoor Food Festival 2019! #RFF19
The festival takes place on Saturday, 14 September, between 11.30am and 3.30pm, at Municipal Gardens, Aldershot and aims to unite residents from across the whole of Aldershot and Farnborough, to celebrate the rich diversity of our communities that make it such a great place to live.
The festival is being run by a team of community and faith groups, with support from Rushmoor Borough Council and the West End Centre. Members of the community are involved in every aspect of the festival, sharing their skills, gaining experience in running an event, raising awareness of their groups and working together as one team.
Among the diverse groups involved will be the Greater Rushmoor Nepali Community, Aldershot Churches Together, The Vine Centre, Aldershot Civic Society, Rushmoor Rotary Club, the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association, the Buddhist Community Centre, the Shiva Cultural Centre, Communities Fiji Britain, Aldershot Pentecostal Church Ghanaian Community and members of the Southern African, West Indian, Romanian, French, German and Spanish communities. Not forgetting the UK, who are well represented with food, craft, dance and music!
The festival will include a number of elements on the day:
- Food – The International Food Street, boasting 14 different foods from around the globe
- Music – Traditional music and dance from our range of cultural groups
- Craft - face painting, henna art, willow weaving, crotchet and French knitting
- Wellbeing Zone – wildlife walks, gentle exercise, hand massages, prayer station, the ultimate chair of happiness
- Extras - Story telling from myth, legend and cultural histories
This is all made possible by funding from National Lottery Awards for All and Grainger plc (Wellesley Development), plus in kind support from Booker Wholesale UK and Mimosa Restaurant.
The event is for residents of all ages across Aldershot and Farnborough, with only 1000 tickets available, priced at £5 for adults, £3 under 10’s and under 3’s free with adult ticket holders. Tickets available from the West End Centre box office on 01252 330040 or online.
On the day the play park will remain open for all other users, but ticket holders will be able to try a wide variety of food from around the world.
Organisers are looking for volunteers on the day to assist visitors and to help with the organisation of the event. For more information please call 01252 398767or email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: This event will take place at the Municipal Gardens
Parking and ticket information
- Main entrance to the festival is in Grosvenor Road.
- Reduce your carbon footprint! Walk and use public transport as much as possible please.
- Parking is available in High Street and Wellington multi storey car parks.
- Alternative parking for Blue Badge holders will be confirmed soon – check back here nearer the time.
- Tickets not collected in advance will be held at the Grosvenor Road entrance to Municipal Gardens.